Helping investors make smarter decisions.
We partner with you throughout the entire investment cycle. Ensuring you have the right investment thesis and winning approach strategy, we help focus your deal generation and sector screening process. Post-acquisition, we support the pursuit of rapid returns by developing strategic blueprints for acquired companies, leading workshops that align management with strategic priorities, and directing focused initiatives.
We have helped the leading institutional investors and sovereign wealth funds develop top-performing investment programs across private equity, real estate, and infrastructure asset classes. We leverage our expertise to expand your participation in direct investing opportunities.
The private equity landscape is being reshaped by myriad forces: the rise of virtual sales, the omnipresence of digital and rapidly evolving web3 capabilities, a renewed focus on talent, and, most notably, ESG (environmental, social, and governance) investing. Leading private equity firms are meeting demand for more sustainable, socially conscious corporate behavior, weaving ESG into all operations—and gaining market share in the process.
Amid these shifts, private equity continues to supersize, with larger funds doing larger deals. With a deep bench, proven expertise, and state-of-the-art advanced analytics tools, we can help you navigate these changes and achieve superior results.
How do we help clients?
We help private equity firms make better investment decisions at every stage of the deal life cycle and build greater returns through active management of portfolio companies. We also advise on investment firm strategy and development, creating value through improved performance.
We are the leading advisor to the private equity industry. Our work is driven by the collaboration of partners, advisors, and specialists with a deep understanding of private equity and the intricacies of the investment lifecycle. Our scale and scope bring unparalleled insights across industries, geographies, and operational areas, allowing us to offer a fundamentally different approach to private equity consulting.
What we do
We help private equity firms create greater returns at every stage in the investment cycle and strengthen firm strategy and development.
- Investment screening - Our work with clients in pre-diligence investment screening is varied and tailored to their specific needs. We help identify and qualify investment opportunities by leveraging a systematic process to screen and reveal potential targets and provide proactive, investable insights and thematic ideas. We also offer in-depth, customized workshops and access to proprietary research and data.
- Due diligence - Our approach to due diligence is flexible and analytics-driven, incorporating extensive proprietary knowledge and deep industry experience. We help clients evaluate the outlook and opportunities with investment targets across all sectors. Our flexible model allows for a wide range of potential configurations, from targeted analysis to fully-integrated due diligence.
- Portfolio development - We help clients develop and execute aggressive, targeted plans of action for the first 100 days post-closing to capture near-term opportunities and ensure the success of their investment. Beyond the first 100 days, our support is focused on near-medium term improvement models, developed with an exit strategy in mind, and aimed at transforming the performance of portfolio companies in high-impact areas. Portfolio projects are customized, with scale and timing driven by client need. Our services range from rapid assessments of portfolio company business capabilities to comprehensive turnaround of performance, redesigning processes, operations, and products from the ground up.
- Exit support - We help company owners to prepare for a maximum-value exit using a three-phase support model that covers planning, preparation, and execution for auctions and initial public offerings. We work with clients to develop and communicate clear and coherent business plans and offer seven core support modules, including sell-side documentation for bidders and financers. Fijishi has extensive exit experience across industries, with more than 50 projects in the last decade. We bring an informed view of industry-shaping trends, a clear line of sight on key risks and how they might affect the business, and deep understanding of the buyer landscape and preferred exit route.
- Firm strategy and development - Combining deep insights on global macroeconomic trends with proprietary research on market trends, we help clients make strategic choices to increase fund and firm performance, including how to establish competitive positioning, how to adapt investment processes, how to settle on an investment strategy, and how to evolve their governance structure. We also provide support for operational improvement, including risk management and business support capabilities.
- Fijishi Implementation - Our clients have access to Fijishi Implementation services, specialist teams that are available to work side-by-side with portfolio companies, offering tailored support to help accelerate the execution of recommendations and improvement plans. Fijishi Implementation teams work across industries and geographies on a wide variety of projects, helping companies achieve rapid, significant, and measureable bottom-line results.
We serve institutional investors around the world on multiple fronts, including corporate strategy and governance, investment strategy and value creation, due diligence and portfolio work, improving and establishing support capabilities, and organizational change management.
Overseeing massive funds with complex structures, institutional investors must execute successful investment strategies while simultaneously engaging with the public whose interests they represent. Our leadership team, dedicated industry experts, and senior advisors understand the unique challenges that institutional investors face and work together to develop innovative solutions and help create lasting impact.
What we do
We work with a diverse set of clients, including pension funds, retirement systems, endowments and foundations, and sovereign wealth funds. Each year, we serve institutional investors on hundreds of engagements. With our extensive client experience and significant investments in leading-edge macroeconomic research, we bring unparalleled knowledge of the global economic landscape and a deep understanding of the different local and regional contexts in which our clients operate. Our consultants and experts bring distinctive insights and capabilities when serving institutional investors, helping them navigate shifts in the investment landscape and capture key opportunities.
We help improve overall investment performance using a simplified and streamlined approach, tailored to meet the specific needs of each client and situation. We support our clients in the following areas:
- Corporate strategy and governance - We help investors shape and adapt their strategy and governance in the face of new challenges and realities.
- Investment strategy and value creation - Our active presence across all major industries informs a deep knowledge base of different asset classes and investment themes. Combined with our nuanced understanding of the investment value chain, this allows us to successfully help shape the core strategy of our institutional investor clients.
- Due diligence and portfolio management - We have developed extensive knowledge, expertise, and proprietary tools that enable us to conduct due diligence and portfolio work that delivers substantial financial impact.
- Support capabilities - In partnership with our experts and practices, we offer clients complete and efficient solutions to establish and improve support functions, from risk management to IT, human resources, and finance.
- Organization, talent and culture - We work closely with our Organization Practice to help our clients build winning teams, assess employee performance and compensation, foster increased collaboration, and improve overall organizational health. We bring analytical rigor combined with a set of comprehensive proprietary tools to scope opportunities and measure results. Our focus is not just on the short term, but also on building organizational health—the capabilities that underpin sustained performance.